Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where is Quincy?

Quincy is right in the middle of Washington, in case you ever wondered. Like right in the middle. It's a small farming community, 2 hours southwest of Spokane, and is where Robby grew up and where Emily is buried. We took the kids to get doughnuts and across the street to the cemetery to eat them with Emily. Try explaining that to a 2 year old!
Robby's sister Kathie moved and the same day left to drive to Washington from Colorado. Robby was the welcome party.
The kids loved playing on the slip n'slide, and we all enjoyed the nice, soft grass. I couldn't bring myself to wear shoes whenever I walked in it. It was wonderful! I was so shocked when I moved to Texas-I had no idea not all grass was pretty and soft! It's really one of the things I dislike the very most about Texas-no soft grass.
Lily and Lance would chase this cat everywhere. As you can see, the cat loved it.
My nieces built this teepee and then we took the kids out to play in it.
We had a Hammond family reunion at Moses Lake. This is C.J., Torrie, and Lily behind. Lily got so filthy dirty, but she played for hours at the lake.
Here are some of the Hammond grandkids and great-grandkids, with Great-Grandpa Hammond, and Robby's dad and Aunt Venice.

On Sunday night we had a rousing game of kickball-boys against girls. Lily and I are protecting first base.
This is Thomas, who is only 3 months older than Lance, but obviously much bigger! They had a good time chasing around, playing together as much as kids that age do. The gazebo behind in the picture was an elevator, that Lily spent hours playing and eating in.
Those are potato fields in the background. My family used to tease me growing up, that I'd marry a potato farmer from Washington who threw rocks for fun, because I never thought that central Washington was pretty. I have since changed my tune, and if we could end up in the Tri-Cities or Wenatchee we would be very, very happy!
Atkins grocery store in Quincy has the best doughnuts I've ever had. Much better than Tim Horten's or Krispy Creme. Lily had never really had doughnuts before, but loved them!
Torrie is 9 months older than Lily-they'll be in the same grade at school. I think out of all Lily's cousins her age, she and Torrie are the most alike. Which was a lot of fun for both of them, though there were many tears spilt over who got to say prayers first, and who got to play with the pink purse.
Manny and Kyle with Lily. Manny just turned 8 and Kyle turns 8 in November. He and Emily would have been in the same grade.

1 comment:

Hoenes Family said...

Oh what beautiful green places you have been too! I can relate to you with no soft grass :( Living in the desert has really made me appreciate anywhere that has green grass, trees and mountains!