Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Why would anyone NOT live here?

Growing up this was my thought. How could anyone not want to live in the Northwest? And I have to say, I still think that, though I do understand that some people don't like the cold, and people do need jobs other places! Like us! My sister and I painted this swingset for one of our birthdays. 6th maybe? I did purple, and Janica pink. My dad had found it behind our garage and pulled it up-it was all rusted-and got paint and put the swing on it and tied a rope to it, and it used to have a bar in the middle. We'd play Indiana Jones with the rope-there was a snake pit underneath, in case you wondered.
Out at Semiahmoo. Robby and I got engaged on this beach.
Dad would read to Lily every night.
Steve and Lily getting in a workout.
This was Lily's smile to say cheese.
We got to go on the ferry to San Juan Island. There were better pictures of me and the kids, but this one is pretty typical.

We actually saw whales! It was one of the highlights of my trip.
Lance loved seeing the water. He just wanted to be outside the whole time.
Lily had fun on her bike, and so I gave Lance a ride, too.
Steve built this bell tower while we were home, and finished it our last night there. Mom rang it and said "Time for bed" so that's what Lily would say any time she rang it. In this bell sounding monotone voice.

2 comments:

Tif said...

Don't you miss it? I want to move back every time we go up there!

Same swing set from 25 years ago, right? I can't believe how some things never change!

Jennie said...

I can't believe how big your kids are. They are so adorable! It looks like you guys have been having a din summer. Miss you guys!