Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Reid Rules

We had our first ever Reid summer reunion since everyone's gotten married and had kids, up at my parents condo in Solitude, UT. It was so wonderful to be out of the awful Texas heat and enjoy some mountain air. I'd run up the mountain every day, which was a challenge, but a welcome break from the nasty humidity and heat here.
Here Lily and I are at Silver Lake at Brighton. This is the same place we went to church (Brighton) where a lady decided to share her testimony of what she believed through song, and asked the congregation to join in on the 4th song! We all laughed so hard. It was quite the patriotic mix of This Land is My Land, etc. The 4th song was God Bless America.
My little cowboy.
On Sunday we had Thanksgiving dinner, since my dad was home from Afghanistan, and that's what he requested. Our friends Jason and Laura came up with their cute baby, and while they were there Lily locked herself in the bedroom and pooped her pants. We could see it all through the window on the deck. And then she refused to open the door because she thought we'd be mad. I don't remember how we finally got her to open it. But it was very frustrating watching your child poop and not be able to stop them! Though I was also laughing pretty hard at the time.
I drove home from Utah to Washington with Mom and Dad, and we got to stop at my favorite person's house in the world! I haven't been to Grandma Chlarson's house since I moved from Utah, over 6 years ago. It was so nice to be back!
My mom had a Cowboy Birthday Party for the grandkids. They loved it. The best part was watching Kacey ride around on his horse to show the kids how to barrel race. Of course it was one of those horses that's a head on a stick.

We walked around this pond a lot! It was the perfect length for the kids to walk around and throw rocks in. There was still snow; you can see in the background, which is a bit crazy for July!
This is The Casa, where Robby lived after his mission until we got married. Good memories of this place. I'll leave it at that.
Lily really enjoyed being with her cousins. This is Ryan and McKinnley.
We kind of had to force Lily to go down the slide. Her favorite part was the "little pool" (hot tub). I will say, the weather was about 30-40 degrees cooler than what we're used to swimming in, so even though the pool was heated, the hot tub was nice!

No comments: