Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Emily's Birthday

Yesterday was Em's 7th birthday. We did our usual traditions-watched videos, looked at pictures, rolled on the floor, and got a new book and released balloons. Here's Lily opening the book.

Each year I get a Caldacott Award book for them on her birthday. This year I got My Friend Rabbit. It's pretty simple and on their level!
Lily was so excited to release the balloons for Emily. Lance couldn't figure out why we'd give him a balloon and then make him let go, poor guy!


My mom got me these balloons for both Lily and my birthday, since mine was today.

The kids playing with the balloons before we let them go. I forgot to give them rides in the wheelchair this year. They were so exhausted and being such stinkers that we put them to bed right after we released the balloons, and totally forgot the wheelchair ride. Oh well; they ride in it quite a bit.

All in all it was a pretty good day. I'd had my cry on Saturday, so I was okay yesterday. And it was really fun looking through pictures with Lily and having her get so excited about the things she had done like Emily. Like go on a ferry ride, go to the beach, play with Hoover the cat at Robby's house, and the toys and clothes that used to be Em's that are now Lily's. They both know who Emily is, and that she's their sister, so I'm grateful for that.

3 comments:

Suzanne Bjornn White said...

I think that is such a neat thing to do every year with your kids, so they can remember and know their sister. I'm glad it turned out to be a pretty good day for you. Happy Birthday!

raisruckus said...

Ditto to Suzie Q. I think it's so special and yes, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!

Alisha said...

I can attest that I know that they know who Emily is! You always celebrate her so well :)