Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Rest of Christmas

While we were home they had free ice skating and skate rentals-you can't beat that! Lily did okay for her first time. Don't move your feet and let mom or dad push you!The kids loved playing outside and I think every day it stopped raining enough so that they could. Notice Robby on the scooter in the background.
Mom made Lily a Sleeping Beauty dress, which she wore the rest of the day. Uncle Steve put her crown in the Christmas tree and Lily had a royal meltdown over it. It made us all laugh pretty hard.
She's yelling at me because we were having a race to the top of the lane and I didn't stop for her. Or something like that.
raxton, Akaila and Lily played together the whole time.
The 27th was "Uncle Sarah's" (this is what Lily called her the whole trip) 21st birthday. Lily had waited all day to eat chocolate cake and was not disappointed.

Lily had asked Santa for a barbie. It was very nice of her since we had to travel from Texas-very "suitcase sized."
Lance got a train and train whistle. My mom and dad have the same wooden trainset so it was perfect, we just wrapped it up!
I think I had mentioned before, but Lance broke his wrist over the break. He fell out of the crib at Janica's and it took us a few days to realize what was going on. We took him to urgent care in Bellingham, and they then sent us to the ER once they saw the x-ray. The ER decided to just splint it. My doctor here in San Antonio said he would have casted it, but it's healing fine.
Lily was the angel for our Christmas Eve program. She's flapping her wings. And you can see my mom's redone kitchen!
Akaila and Lily had fun playing with Uncle Steve. Lily and Steve would keep saying, "Mine!" over anything. "My chair!" "My Christmas tree!"
One of the highlights (maybe THE highlight) of the trip was going skiing at Mt. Baker. It felt like going home. I just love that mountain. I laughed because I had told my mom I just wanted to go up and ski a few runs and I didn't care how hard I skiied and she said, Yeah Right. Well, she was right. After the first run when I got my ski legs back under me (I forget how much of a quad workout it is). I was ready to go, and so was Janica! And Sarah did a fantastic job; I think it was the first time it's ever been just us three girls. And for anyone who cares, the conditions were fantastic-powder; packed powder. Anything ungroomed was good, and off of chair 6 and 1 were the best. We even did Chicken and The Chute. Not Gabels, though. Or the Canyon. Those runs always try to kill me.

1 comment:

Hoenes Family said...

I love that last pic of you and your sisters. You are all so beautiful.