Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Families Can Be Together Forever

Tonight when I was putting Lily to bed I asked her what song she wanted me to sing, and she said the Families Home Forever Song. So I sang Families Can Be Together Forever, and then she told me she knew the words, and sang it back to me. It's
"1. I have a family here on Earth, they are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity.
(Chorus) Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can, the Lord has shown me how I can.
2. While I am in my early years I'll prepare most carefully, so I can marry in God's temple for eternity."

I then told her that this song means that because Mom and Dad got married in the temple, even after we die, that Lily belongs to Mommy, and Mommy belongs to Daddy, and Daddy belongs to us and Emily and Lance belongs to us always, no matter what.
She put her arms around me and said, "Oh, that is so cool!"
It totally cracked me up. But she's right, it is so cool!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I don't think I will ever be able to sing that song without crying. I love it, it is cool!

Alisha said...

So beyond sweet!