Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hawaii

Surfing and fishing on Sunset Beach.
The Laie Hawaii Temple

Lily had a great time!

We had a fabulous time in Hawaii. We went to Oahu and stayed for 5 days, spending three nights in Waikiki, and 3 nights on the North Shore. We enjoyed both places. Neither of us had been. I put a slide show on the right side if you want to look at more pictures. Some are the same as below, and some are different. Lily was great fun on the trip. She would just smile and laugh at everyone. When we got home she was a little grumpy from lack of attention. She loved the sand (especially eating it) but was not a big fan of the waves, even though I know you can't tell by her smiles in the pictures! Sunset on Sunset Beach. This was the last thing we did in Hawaii, and it was a great way to end our trip. These pictures are in reverse order. Sunset Beach is where the surfers go, and it was a lot of fun to see them surf. The waves were huge-I wouldn't swim past about 5 feet from shore.

Sunset on Sunset Beach.

I enjoyed playing with my camera settings. Lily was very fun to photograph!

Lily at Wiamea Bay. We went snokeling there, and saw sea turtles, which was one of the highlights of the trip.
Sunset at Laie Beach. This was the 2nd place we stayed. We had the entire beach to ourselves. There's pictures on the slide show of the Polynesian Cutural Center.

This is Pali Lookout, looking at the Windward shore of Oahu. It's extremely windy there, but Lily loved it.
This was at Bellows Beach, before Lily got splashed with waves and got sad!

Hanuma Bay. This is an amazing place to Snorkel. You walk down to it. This was probably my favorite part of the trip. We'd never been snorkeling before, and we swam with literally thousands of fish, all different colors and sizes. It was kind of scary (I'm not a great swimmer) but so worth it. We took turns playing with Lily while the other one snorkelled. If I had to do one thing on Oahu, this would be the thing.
Our first day there we hiked to the top of Diamondhead, which gives you 360 degree views of Honululu, Waikiki, and the mountains. We're looking down on Waikiki here. I got to go running along Waikiki twice, which was great fun for me. I also ran around BYU-Hawaii. The marathon is in 4 weeks-yesterday I ran 20 miles. I think I'm as ready as I can be!

On Waikiki with Diamondhead in the background. We hiked up it an hour after this picture was taken.

8 comments:

Adolescent Family said...

Hi guys! It looks like you had SO much fun in Hawaii! :) I am dying to go, and can't wait till we can get there!

Hoenes Family said...

What a beautiful place. I loved the sunset pictures. I had no idea you were running a marathon! That is so great! You will do awesome.

Beckie said...

Love all the pics. I hope to visit Hawaii someday. I can't imagine how beautiful it must be.

Jennie said...

Looks like you had a blast!It makes me want to take a trip! Lily's pics are adorable, what a cute baby!

Janalyn said...

What a great trip. I'm so glad you all got to go and have a great time!

anjie said...

Hi, You don't know me. i clicked on your blog from friend's blog thinking it was someone else. But I saw your family picture (so cute) and had to read more. In january 2004 our special needs son died. Just thought you might like to talk to someone who has been through something similar to you. You can follow my link to our family blog and on the right is a link to "Isaac's site" There you can read more about him. But if you want to email me and talk or anything you can. anjanell@gmail.com Best wishes to you!
Anjanell
and, p.s., Hawaii is a healing place!!! We love it there!

Aleena said...

I'm so glad you had a great time in Hawaii! Camille, you are gorgeous! I love your long hair!!! You are so beautiful inside and out!

Parker said...

I'd say we'll go there someday. looks prettier than home.