Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baby News

So I guess I should document some of being pregnant with baby #4. I'm 13 weeks now, due March 21st. We're excited to have a boy! I'm starting to feel better, though I know I shouldn't complain because I don't throw up. I can tell when it hits 5:00 for when the nausea and dry heaving start in earnest. Especially if I'm hungry. Though a lot of times I just feel blah all day. At least I can always function. Especially in the mornings, since that's when I get stuff done. Come 2:00 I just feel done and am lucky if I get dinner and laundry done. And I've been known to take naps at 8:00 pm so that I can function from 9:00-10:00 and finish cleaning, etc. But like I said, I really can't complain.
  I have NOT liked chicken this pregnancy. Yuck.  I have grilled several very tasty steaks though. I think I've finally learned how to tell if it's done to medium. And it really is better to keep the lid up, not down.  I have really liked apples and cheese for a snack. It has to be Tillamook cheese though. None of this generic garbage.  And cereal. I like cereal as my before bed snack. Because I tend to be starving by then and if I don't eat I have a hard time sleeping because I'm so hungry.  My cookie dough cravings are gone; I don't tend to crave sweets when I'm pregnant, other than ice cream. Ice cream always tastes good. I'm exercising still like normal; this is the first time I've been going to classes at the gym while pregnant and so far so good. Mostly I just go to Boot Camp and Spin. I have friends who went to spin until a few days before they had their baby. I don't know if I'll be quite like that but we'll see. And then I run about 3 times a week. Though I am getting slower.  I am not weighing myself this pregnancy. I hate seeing that number go up, and there's nothing I can do about it. So I'm enjoying being pregnant and eating what I want (though I still try to eat healthy) and not worrying about that dang number. I'll have to worry about it in April! But at the doctor I turn around on the scale and tell them I don't want to know. Feel free to judge; I know I shouldn't care but I do.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations! I understand what you mean about the 5:00 thing. Luckily mine went away at around 13 or 14 weeks this time, hopefully yours will pass quickly too.

Aleena said...

Wow! Congratulations on the baby boy! I haven't been keeping up with things since Emma was born so I didn't even know you were pregnant! I wish you a comfortable pregnancy and a safe delivery for you and baby!

Jennie said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for your family. I completely agree about ice cream always being good. And I think not knowing your weight is a pretty good idea!

Hoenes Family said...

You know you are having a boy already!? Congrats to you! So happy for you guys. Also, good for you for still exercising. That first trimester always gets me! I also had cereal as a bed time snack every night, and I took 8 pm. naps as well!

Wilson Family said...

Camille thats soo exciting you are having a 4th baby!!! Little boys are fun! Spring babies are the best. I have only had two spring babies but its so much better than being pregnant all summer long. We are going up to Blaine for Makeila's 13th birthday! Time sure flies.