Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Plates

So tonight while we went to read scriptures Lily found her Book of Mormon (usually we use the illustrated version) and brought it in so we told her to go ahead and read for us. She opened to a page, asked where we were at, which I responded right where she opened and she proceeded to say, "There was a prophet who went and got the plates.  And then he went and got the forks and the food."  Ummm, apparently there is a family night lesson in our future about what the "plates" are.  I tried to explain it was hard metal that the people wrote on instead of paper, and showed her a picture, but I'm pretty sure she still doesn't "get" it. But I sure got a good laugh out of it!

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Haha! I love it. Kids do say the funniest things. I am sure I thought the gold plates were real gold plates that you eat on :)

Jennie said...

That is good! She is too funny!