Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Randomness


This is the last picture that I took of Lily and Emily together. It was a day or two before Emily went to the hospital for the last time. She went to the hospital the day Lily turned 5 months old, and today Lance turned 5 months old. It's kind of a landmark for me, and I've been waiting for this day since Lance was born. I can't really describe why. I guess it's because 5 months is the longest I've ever had 2 kids at home-Emily lived for one more week but was at the hospital. And we just remember Lily at the age of 5 months so well, because she was just the thing that gave us a little bit of sunshine in an otherwise very gloomy time. I took this picture of Lily and Lance the other day, and didn't even realize that Lily was wearing the same shirt that Em was in their last picture together until I just went to put these pictures on the blog. You can see that Lance is a bit bigger then Lily was at 5 months! Probably because the kid still wakes up twice in the middle of the night to eat, and Lily was sleeping through the night easily by 5 months.
Ok, here's my other random thoughts. I love chocolate covered cranberries. I've eaten a bag the last 24 hours. Like about a pound. They're dark chocolate, and at least they're not chocolate covered peanuts. I therefore justify myself.
School with Lily has been fun. We've done it every day for at least 15 minutes-sometimes that's all of me she wants! Except yesterday. The van was dead and so Robby came home to jump start it for us and it just threw my entire day off. I'm hoping to get a bit structured and more into a routine.
I'm thankful for the bookclubs I go to. I've realized that I've read so many good books that I would have otherwise missed out on. Because I am not good at making myself read things other than airhead books! Some of the ones I've enjoyed are The Help, The Book Thief, Three Cups of Tea, and the list goes on. And of course we just all read Mockingjay. So thank you ladies!
Most of you who read this know that my dad runs a television station in Kabul, Afghanistan. My mom has put a commerical that the station created and aired during Ramadan. http://daveandjilladventures.blogspot.com/ If you watch it, keep in mind that during Ramadan the people are fasting from sunup to sundown. So the boy in the commerical has not had anything to eat all day. And the boy who is the beggar in the commerical really was a beggar. He was found by someone at the station and given the job of being a dubber, and in exchange is getting fed, an education, and a bit of money.
And my last bit of randomness, I'm thankful for a husband who does the dishes after dinner.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I just read the Hunger Games series, too! So fun!! Oh, and I say all that craisin goodness cancels out that chocolate :-)

Jenny H said...

I love hearing your thoughts. Healthy food I always healthy even if covered by chocolate!!;)