Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One year ago

A year ago today was the last day Em had at home. We took her to the doctor in the morning, and he thought she was doing really well, even though she was on oxygen. We came home, I played with the girls-I remember playing on the floor with them moving Em's legs and arms getting her to laugh, and then doing it with Lily and getting her to laugh. That night we had Family Night and sang our favorite songs. And then at the same time the next day we were in the intensive care unit-we went in the middle of the night. If you want to read about all that you can look back to a year ago on the blog, because I'm not going to relive any of it. I try to concentrate on all our positive memories of Emily, and not the negative. So I try not to think about it or talk about it. I just remember today because I remember that it was the day Lily turned 5 months old!

6 comments:

Alisha said...

We are thinking of you and your family. You are such an inspiration to us. Keep your chin up, you are wonderful to think of all the positive things about Emily, because there are too many to number. I remember she had a killer smile! Call me if you ever want to talk!

Alisha

Hoenes Family said...

Oh, this makes me cry. What a special night to have as a family. Good for you to focus on the positive memories. That is hard to do!

Jenny H said...

Love you guys! We had a hard night with Deak last night (breathing) and I think it hit me hard because I was thinking of Em too. I'm so happy you are thinking of all the wonderful things...of which there are sooo many.

Aleena said...

Sweet and simple family night memories are awesome. I'm glad you have them. Love you Camille!

Alisa said...

Happy New Year...I hope this year brings many additional joys :)

Janalyn said...

What a lovely day to remember. It doesn't get better than your sweet girls laughing and singing at home.
I'm glad you focus on those good memories and share them with all of us.