Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Our girls' share Easter

Well, we made it through Easter. It was our first holiday without Emily, and it was hard, but it was also good to remember the real reason that we celebrate Easter. Church was especially hard, not having Emily there all dressed up, but the rest of the day went well. Not too many tears! Here's some fun pictures from the last week. I'm trying to find new things to do to fill my days, and decided that I really should learn how to sew without having my mom there next to me (doing most of it!). I made this dress yesterday with the help of my friend. I am the world's worst person on a sewing machine, so what normally should take an hour took me 3 1/2, but it got done!
A friend made this chocolate bunny cake, because it was her daughter's birthday. I made the pies. We all loved the bunny cake, though it was a little tramatic when we had to cut the cake. She cut the ears, then the head, etc! I don't think I'd ever have the patience to make something like that!
Robby made this area for Emily's bench. We took Lily on a little Easter egg hunt. It was fun to put some under Em's bench.
Lily with her first Easter Egg.
Emily's first Easter Egg hunt. She's 1 1/2. It was the first time we lived in our house for Easter, in March 2006.
Emily on Easter, 2006. She's 1 1/2 in this picture. My mom made this dress. She wore it for two Easters! She seemed to think that she looked like a princess.
Lily really liked her Easter basket.She's trying to eat the M&M's.
Lily and her Daddy. She definintly looks like her dad. I need to post a picture of them without Robby wearing glasses.
This dress was Emily's. She wore it at Parker and Jessie's wedding. We thought it would be fun if Lily could wear it, too.
Emily and I at Parker's wedding in May 2005. She was 10 months old. Robby had just moved to Texas to start his job, and Em and I followed after the wedding.
Lily and I on Easter Sunday.
What kid doesn't like French Fries?
Lily learned how to roll with Curious George. She's drag him along with her as she rolled.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Both of your girls are so beautiful in their dresses. You will have to teach me some new sewing tricks - that dress is just too cute!

Hoenes Family said...

Love the dresses. Especially the blue one your mom made. What talent! I loved the one you made for Lily too. 3 1/2 hours is better than 3 1/2 days! Good for you, it turned out cute. I am glad you made it through Easter okay. I love the new area for Emily's bench. Very nice.

Jenny H said...

What talent! I can't sew a lick; I still take my family's clothes over to my mom's to have sewn!
Emily looks like a princess in that dress, and I can't believe how much Lily and Em look alike when you put the pictures side by side...both such gorgeous girls!
Have so much fun next week...

The Kroebers said...

Camille, this is Heather (Smith) Kroeber. I was in Alaska for one of the summers that Robby was there. I'm so happy to find your blog. My sister Emilee and I have wondered what happened to you two. I'm so sorry to hear about your darling Emily. I have some stuff that I want to tell you but I don't want to leave in on a comment. Would you mind emailing me at heatherkroeber at hotmail dot com? I also wanted to tell you that my husband and I just got back from Hawaii. We only spent one day on Oahu but we went to Pearl Harbor and really liked it. If you enjoy history it's pretty cool. Plus, it's free.

Beckie said...

I love the Lily and Emily shares. I can't help tear up because I remember your sweet girl.