Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lily Loves Attention

Lily takes after her daddy and her Grandma Hammond, but in this picture she looks like Janica and I. At least, there's a picture I have of me when I was a baby that looks like this. We're all doing pretty well. Lily loves attention, and now that Emily's gone, she does not like to be left alone in a room. It doesn't matter who is with her, as long as someone is smiling at her, she's happy. Robby's been really busy at work, and I'm training for a marathon, so that's helping us to be busy. I ran 14 1/2 miles yesterday! At the end of May we're going to Newport, OR, out on the Oregon coast, so that I can run the marathon with Janica. I've never done one before, so I'm pretty nervous, but it will be fun to do something together, especially since we've both been runners since high school, and the Oregon coast is where Robby and I went on our honeymoon. Here's some more fun pictures of our girl. We freely admit that we're biased parents.
We took Lily to have her 6 months pictures taken. I really liked this one of she and I.




I don't know why this is sideways, but anyway, our ward gave us this bench to help us remember Emily. It's "Emily's Bench". People knocked and ran and left it on our front porch, with a card that members of the ward had signed. We've been very grateful for the support we've received.
Lily tried ice cream for the first time this week. It was a strawberry milkshake. She likes her milk warm, but she was a huge fan of the ice cream. Good girl!

She's mad because I took it away, and it wasn't coming fast enough.
Now she's happy, because she just had a bite.
It was windy and rainy on the beach. It made me miss Washington!
We went to Corpus Christi, TX and toured the USS Lexington. We also took Lily to the beach for the first time.
Lily loves being in her bouncer.

Lily continues to be a very funny, cute little girl. She makes us laugh on a continual basis, which is what we need right now! Mommy likes hats, apparently. They also make me laugh.

7 comments:

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Glad to hear that you guys are doing well and that Lily is being such a precious little girl for you! She is adorable in every photo:) And congrats on training for the marathon! I'm training for a 1/2 marathon that I'll be running in May and that feels daunting. But I remember how great of a runner you were on our frigid morning runs so I'm sure you'll be awesome! Good luck!!

Jodi said...

That is one adorable little girl. What a contagious smile. Her pictures came out beautiful!

Cherise said...

Camille, I don't know if you remember me, but I am our moms are first cousins. Anyway, Robbie was one of my husbands best friends growing up in Quincy. When we heard about Emily, Chad looked up your blog and decided we should get one, too, so we can keep up with friends and family (plus he thinks it's so cool that he is distantly related to Robbie, so he wants us to get to know each other better).

I am so sorry that Emily had to pass away. I wish I would have been able to meet her. I hope you will be able to continue to enjoy life to its fullest, even though she isn't on this earth to enjoy it with you.

Lily is adorable! I can see both of you guys in her. Take care!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Lily is such a beautiful, happy girl!! (Unless she doesn't get her ice cream, apparently!!) :0) I love all the pics! That was so nice of your ward to give you that bench! It's beautiful!! We miss you guys! Also, good luck training for your marathon! I admire anyone who is brave enough to run 26 miles at one time!!!! ;0)

Jessica Wille said...

Lily is so dang cute! She really is such a beautiful little girl, and I like her little hats. I'm happy to see how the bench turned out. It's really pretty!

Beckie said...

I love the pictures of Lily. She is such a little doll baby. The bench is beautiful too.

Aleena said...

Thanks for the fun post. Lily is such a pretty baby. And very expressive! I'm glad you and Janica get to run a marathon together. That's soooo not for me but right up your alley! You and Robby are so strong and I'm glad you are finding happiness in each other and in your baby girl.