Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Emily and Lily share...

I thought I'd put some pictures of some activities that Lily has done recently for the first time that Emily also did, so that they could share. I know many of you didn't get to see Emily as a baby, so I thought it might be fun to do. Hopefully I'll be able to continue to add pictures of Emily as I add Lily's pictures. Lily had an ice cream cone for the first time last week. She got mad if we took it away.
Emily trying ice cream. She was about 10 months old in this picture.

Emily's almost 2 1/2 in this picture. I think! We're at the San Antonio zoo.
This was last month at the San Antonio Zoo, in front of the elephants. Lily's 6 months.
This was when Lily was 6 months old and we went to Corpus Christi.
This was when Emily was 11 months old and we had just moved to Texas. She and Lily both have hernias in the picture. Emily's was fixed when she was 2. Hopefully Lily's won't need to be fixed!
We're doing well here. Robby came home the other day and said that tickets were really cheap right now to Hawaii, and that we should go. He didn't have to tell me twice! So, after much debating, planning and researching, we are going to Hawaii next month! We'll be gone for 6 days. Neither of us have been, so we're very excited. We're spending 3 nights in Waikiki and 3 nights in Laie, on the North Shore of Oahu (by BYU-Hawaii and the Polynesian Cultural Center). We're taking Lily with us. So any advice on hidden Hawaii secrets?
Lily is very funny. The other night while I was at Young Women's ( I work with the 12-13 year old girls now at church) Lily learned how to "talk." She now will say babadadagaga...She will say DaDa if Robby says it first, which of course is fun for him. We haven't heard MaMa yet. Today at church he was whispering it (dada) and she whispered it back. She just smiles and smiles. People keep warning us that not all babies are like this, so we figure we'll just enjoy it while we can! She's also learned to sit by herself, even though she still will fall backwards occasionally. Having a child do all these things is quite amazing for Robby and I.
I'm still getting nothing done around the house. It's really true that children need a schedule! I feel like I'm 5 years old without one. There's plenty of stuff I could be doing, but I think that because none of it seems "worthwhile" (who wants to clean their house, really?) I just don't get anything done besides the basics that I got done when Emily was here. Hopefully I'll get it together soon!

14 comments:

Zack + Julie said...

You HAVE to get a shave ice at Waiola shave ice in Honolulu. They have the best shave ice on the whole island. Get it with ice cream at the bottom too. My fav flavors are lilikoi (passion fruit) and haupia (coconut dessert). I'm so jealous!! Have a great time!

Jenny H said...

Yay!!! I am so happy you are going to Hawaii! I've only been to Maui, but it was my favorite, most peaceful trip ever.
I just love seeing the pictures of Emily as a baby...she is a doll! What a great idea to post them side by side with Lily's.
And PS...I am loving your new family picture at the top!!! It made me smile.

Amy Jo said...

That was fun to see the two girls and comparing pics. Have fun! You guys need a getaway. :)

Tyler & Michelle said...

How fun!

Gallant Family said...

Loved those pictures! And I am SOOOO jealous, but you guys totally deserve a nice vacation like Hawaii. I've never been there, so I have no advice. Have fun :0)

Hoenes Family said...

Love the comparison pictures! So fun! I know what you mean about not wanting to clean your house! I need to pull it together to! I am so glad you get to go to Hawaii! Definitely go to the Polynesian Cultural Center it is totally worth the money! I am not sure which Island you are going to!

Aleena said...

That's a great post. It's fun to see the things that Emily and Lily both experienced and I'm sure Lily will love it when she's older! Congrats on going to Hawaii! That is awesome! I'm jealous! Have Fun!

Ginnie said...

I went to BYU-Hawaii for a semester and it was really fun. I never did the whole PCC tour, but saw a night show. I loved just driving around in a car (going north) and stopping at the little towns. Or just going to the beaches-- they're almost like private beaches up north. Check out Temple beach. It's just down the road from the Temple (hee hee). Have so much fun!

Jessica Wille said...

That is a really neat post! It is fun to see Lily and Emily share:) Woohoo for Hawaii!!

Beckie said...

How fun to share the pictures of the sisters side by side. I love that they have the same swimmie suit.

Katherine said...

Enjoy Hawaii!! Andrew and I went while I was pregnant with Timothy and stayed at Waikiki in the Royal Hawaiian. It was wonderful!

The pictures are so cute! Even though Tim's number three, I often wonder what it would be like to have a "typical" child again. Whenever I babysit other babies, I'm astonished at how able they are!! Lily is beautiful!

Richard Bradford said...

how fun! I think I remember seeing Emily in that swimming suit! Lily is gorgeous! Have fun in Hawaii! Hopefully this will be the first leg of many trips to come! - Cynthia

Unknown said...

Cute pics! Hawaii sounds awesome. We hope to do something similar after I take the bar this summer. Hope all is well Robby and family!

Janalyn said...

Good idea to put pictures of your girls up side by side. I can imagine how crazy it is for you guys to see Lily effortlessly doing physical things.
I hope you have a wonderful trip to Hawaii! There's a nice easy hike to a beautiful waterfall near Honolulu- Moana Falls. North Shore - just enjoy the amazing, uncrowded beaches, oh and Polynesian Cultural Center of course (I worked there).