Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vacation and illness

It snowed over 2 feet over Christmas. Just us 6 kids went outside and played in the snow on Christmas day. We seemed so few in numbers! Parker had build the snowfort. I loved having a white Christmas-it's the first time since I was about 12.
Lily loved playing with Grammy, Robby's mom. They laughed and played a lot. Lily's baby pictures look a lot like hers.

The Grandkids-Braxton (3) Ryan (5) and McKinnley(2) are on the top. Mom is holding Akaila (9 months) and Kylee (4 months) and Dad is holding Lily (4 months) and Emily (4).


My mom made all the girls matching dresses. It was quite an ordeal to get a picture of all of them.



This is my entire family. It was the first time we'd been home for Christmas in 7 years. We really had a great time together. I was so glad that we were able to make it home. Emily and Lily both did pretty well. We were snowed in for about 90% of our trip. We missed our first attempt to come back to San Antonio because we were over at Robby's house and both passes were closed. I didn't mind-it gave us 2 more days vacation! Plus, it was on the 1st, and I was so tired-we all got colds, I actually think it's RSV, and I had it the worst on the 1st, so I was happy I didn't have to fly that day. Emily seems to have it now. I've been putting her on the bi-pap and on oxygen, so hopefully we'll be able to avoid the hospital. She has a wicked cough and lots of congestion. Emily's doing okay with her seizures. They're still a lot better than before, but we have seen more the last few days. Hopefully it's just because she's sick. It's good to be back home, but I sure miss our family. I hope that someday we can live close enough that our kids can see their grandparents more often! We loved having them with their grandma's and grandpa's.
Lily loved all the attention she got over the break. She started sleeping through the night while at Robby's house-she was waking up at 3:00, even though I knew she didn't need to. One night Emily was up with a fever, so I was helping Robby take care of her when Lily woke up. So I had to let Lily cry while I helped Em, and when I came back downstairs she had put herself back asleep and hasn't woken up since! Merry Christmas to me!




9 comments:

Bridget said...

Wow, I am so jealous that you had a White Christmas. Living in Texas my whole life, I haven't had that experience. It looks like ya'll had a great time, though.

cornter said...

These were great pictures!!!!
The girls look so cute! All of them in those adorable dresses, your mom is amazing! Now I know where you get your amazingness!!!!
Miss you!

cornter said...

Oh... I'm so jealous you got to play in the snow, wait till the kids see your fort!!!! They were so sad there was no snow in Id when we were up there!

Congrats on the sleeping baby...I still have kids waking up in the middle of the night, they seem to take turns! :)

Tif said...

I just had a mini panic attack wondering if you were actually in Custer when I was in Bellingham on the 2nd/3rd...and now I'm making myself feel better by realizing you were probably at Robbie's...I hope!

White Christmas down here, too...it was awesome. I can't believe how huge your family has all gotten! I loved the girls' all matching dresses! That's so cute that your mom made them all! Amazing woman that she is, as ever.

We should chat, catch up sometime, soon....I need to call Jani, too. she called while I was up in Washington last weekend and I've been running around crazy with never a chance to call her back!

Hoenes Family said...

I am so glad you got to go home. You would have been sorely missed! I can't believe Emily's 4! Both your girls are so cute. I love your new family pic by the fireplace. We all got sick at Christmas too. I hope you get feeling better. Especially Emily, we will pray for you all.

Amy Jo said...

I am so happy that you guys all got to spend the holidays together. I hope everyone gets feeling better! :)

cornter said...

how are you all doing health wise? We are hoping you are all doing better!!!

Aleena said...

I'm glad you had a fun Christmas and you got to be all together with your whole family! That is great! I hope you guys got over your cold okay. I really enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading your post!

Beckie said...

I am glad you got to see your family. I love the matching dresses.