Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Dodged a Bullet...

This is after we got home from Washington. Lily loves looking at Emily's hands, and putting them in her mouth!
This is both our girls sleeping on Christmas morning. Emily has the bi-pap on her nose. That's what helps her to breath when she's asleep-it pushes the air in to keep her airway open.

Emily is still sick, however...we didn't have to go to the hospital! She had an appointment today with the pulminologist, and Robby and I were both very afraid that he was going to send her to the hospital, but he actually happy with how she was doing! She's on oxygen, and I took her on oxygen to the doctor. He said that her airway sounded good, and that the congestion was more upper airway. So we just have to keep doing what we're doing. Thank goodness my friend went with me to help me with Lily and be my moral support. We're going to keep Emily home from school for the next month or so-they'll actually send a teacher to the house, which will be really good for her. We're keeping her on the bipap and on oxygen. The bipap and her new diet have made a lot of her hair fall out-hopefully it will grow back! We're crossing our fingers that she continues to be well enough to stay home!

4 comments:

Jenny H said...

Thank Goodness! Oh, how I hate the feeling of going to the doctor and PRAYING that Deak was well enough to stay home...such a huge relief! I hope she continues to get better.

Amy Jo said...

You are always so positive! I really look up to you because of how you look at the cup always being half full. Thanks for being an example to me. I hope Em gets better soon. I was thinking she was in kindergarton. How is school going? Does she mainstream all the time or is her time split between different classes?

Beckie said...

I am glad she is able to stay home with you. I hope she continues to get better.

Bridget said...

Oh, I am so relieved that Emily is doing well enough to stay home. Being at the hospital is no fun. We will keep her in our prayers for a speedy recovery.