Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving
















We had a fabulous Thanksgiving break with Robby's parents, who came for Lily's baby blessing, which was on Sunday. This was my first year making everything myself, and it actually turned out pretty good. Everything was edible, anyway! Thank goodness for meat thermometers, is all I can say. We all would have ended up with food poisening without one! Let's just say, the turkey wasn't finished when I thought it was. I enjoy cooking, and it was nice to have help in the kitchen. We took family pictures on Saturday, at the Japanese Tea Gardens. There's someplace free to go in San Antonio! I was very excited to visit it-it was pretty and there were flowers. And, did I mention it was free? Saturday night we had fantastic Rudy's BBQ (it's worth coming to Texas just to have Rudy's) and then to a little town that had a Dicken's Christmas. Emily slept through that , and Lily was wide awake. On Sunday we blessed Lily, which was of course a great experience. And Grammy didn't feel like it was right that Lily be the only one with the new dress, so she got Emily a pretty purple one. Sometime we'll get a picture of her in it when she's awake!

6 comments:

Jenny H said...

I love your family picture! When I see Lily smile it reminds me of Em. I love their dresses also:)

cornter said...

oh so cute!
They both look so adorable!
You are an amazing person - Mrs. Turkey Queen! Sounds like you all had a great time... so happy for you.

Amy Jo said...

They both looked darling in their dresses. I would love to go to a Dickens Village place...sound like fun.
It looks like you got your background changed. I hope the directions I gave were somewhat helpful and not too confusing.

Tif said...

Love the pictures! Lily looks so excited to be being blessed! And Em, well...she's adorable as usual-so sweet. I love her dress and the bow in her hair!

Richard Bradford said...

Lily's smile in her blessing dress is so precious! Emily looks so grown up! Everyone looks beautiful! - Cynthia

Parker said...

Hi camel. lily akaila and ky all look a good bit alike. akaila is a girl ryan. we're excited to see lily and em and you two.