Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hospital Stay

Emily's in the hospital with more lung problems. I got a call on Tuesday from her school saying they'd called 911 because Em wasn't breathing. She recovered on her own-they never had to do anything to get her breathing, but her oxygen never recovered. We're not sure what happened-if it was lungs, a seizure, choking, etc. I got to the school pretty quickly, and she was on oxygen and okay as long as she was on the oxygen. So we rode with sirens blaring to the hospital, where we've been since Tuesday. She's in the PICU at North Central Baptist. She's on bipap, which we've had at home, too, and it helps open her airway. They said she had pockets of lung collapse and pnmonia. Since they started her on the bipap, her chest x-rays have improved. We're not sure when she'll come home, or if we'll be able to go home on Wednesday for Christmas or not. But she is doing much better than 2 days ago. So that's what's going on with us. Lily's been a trooper, being passed around from family to family and person to person. We're hanging in there. Robby's here this time, which makes a big difference! Em's a trooper too. Her seizures have ben much better recently, which is a big blessing.

6 comments:

Amy Jo said...

We will keep all of you in our prayers. I really hope you guys are able to make it home.

Barlow Fam said...

Yes, you will be in our prayers! I'm so sorry you are having this trial right now and will pray for speedy recovery!

Jenny H said...

Camille,
My prayers are with you and robby. My heart wishes I could help in some way.
You are an amazing woman.
Jenny

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Oh, my heart and prayers go out to you guys! We hope she gets well soon.

cornter said...

So sorry to hear that!
You will be in our prayers, are you going home at night or are you stayin gin the hospital? Do you need dinner? How can I help? I feel like I NEED to help so Please tell me what I can do...I am at your diaposal! Love you!

Suzanne Bjornn White said...

I hope everything will be okay with Emily and that you guys will be able to go home for Christmas. You are in our prayers!!