Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Long Day, but Happy Ending







Today Emily had therapy at 10:30, then school, and then Lily and I took Robby to the airport. He went to the Utah-TCU game tonight in Salt Lake City, and on Saturday is going with his college buddies to the BYU game in Provo. After we dropped Robby off we picked Emily up at school, and went to get Emily a flu shot. I had both the girls in the double jogging stroller. It was my first time using it for a doctor's appointment, and it worked pretty well. However, at the doctor's office the doctor listened to Emily and determined that she couldn't get a flu shot because she was wheezing. Her asthma has been fairly bad the last few days. So, needless to say, I was not happy! We came home for awhile, and then went to our friend's house for a Pampered Chef party. There are too many things to buy! I think I'll reward myself for my hard work while Robby's out of town and get something. When we came home Lily was being very cute, so I recorded her with the camera. I just tried to upload it, but it didn't work, so I'll just put up pictures for now. If anyone has any hints for putting videos on, let me know!

3 comments:

Tif said...

Fun weekend for Robby! Good on you for getting yourself something ;)

I wrestled with the flu vax thing this year. We delay/avoid vax over here. And flu's one of them. K doesn't get it but Scharae...with her asthma...yeah. So I thought I had my whole "nasty preservative crap" dilemma solved with the Flu Mist thing! Nope. She can't have it BECAUSE of the asthma, which is the only reason I even want to vax her for the flu to begin with (insert headbang here). So I took her in today to the nurse treatment place to get the normal old flu shot, and same thing as Em-they wouldn't do it because of wheezing. I knew she was. We've been doubling up on her Flovent, the neb 3x a day...it's that darn time of year for her though...I soooo feel your pain!

Hoenes Family said...

Lily has the cutest smile ever! I would be so bummed about the flu shot, that is a lot of work taking 2 kids to the doctor. I know!

Washburn Family said...

Hey Camille,
It sounds like the boys are having fun in Utah. I think we need to plan our little vacation next") You Pictures are adorable. It sounds like you are a busy women. Talk to you soon! Jen