Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

All By Myself!

I haven't gone anywhere by myself, overnight, since Janica had Akaila and I went to help her. And the time before that was about 6 years ago when Mom, Sarah and Dad were getting ready to move to Turkey. I would rather be on vacation with my little family, or with Robby and I, then by myself, but can I just say, it was the most wonderful weekend being all by myself!  Having no one to account to, it was quite amazing.  My aunt and uncle just got home from being mission presidents in Cambodia so all my brothers and sisters were getting together, though Parker ended up not being able to come since Jess has been in early labor.  I really felt like it may be my last chance to visit with Grandma Chlarson, which was my biggest reason for coming. So I'm sorry to anyone who reads this who lives in Utah, I really didn't visit anyone other than relatives, and two friends I hadn't seen in years and years.  I know I"ll see a few of you in a few weeks, and I"m sorry for those I missed. But I didn't have a car and tried to be with Grandma as much as possible. 
 On Saturday we were up at our family's condo in Solitude, Utah. Mady, John's girl, went down the slide about 20 times. It was rather surreal to be able to sunbathe with Sarah, and not be chasing around my kids.
 We got to see our great friend Jen, who I haven't seen in probably 7 years. We've both gone through some tough times since then and it was so fun to catch up a bit. 
 My hero. I love this little lady.  She's staying at my aunt's house for awhile. 

 Robby, brave soul, took the kids to the circus by himself. Apparently Lance cried for  the first half. He saw fireworks and anyone who's been around Lance lately knows he hates fireworks. He will say, "Fireworks scare me." But after they got their snowcone they were happy. 
 My beautiful little sister. 
 The view from the condo. 
 On Monday I took a different path running and ran up to Solitude Lake. It was so amazing to be up there all by myself. Definitely a highlight of the trip. I've skiied down the area in the background (not the cliff part) and then got stuck hiking across that lake when it's covered in snow. 
 The biggest highlight for me was seeing all my family and being able to talk to them uninterrupted! I've forgotten what that was like. It was so great to have real conversations with these people I love! We have 23 cousins in this picture, we're missing 10. 
 The family, minus Parker and Dad. 
 My bestie, Becky Burden (Now Bekah Sabey), and her little boy Max. Who is younger than Lance though twice as big. We haven't seen each other in 2 years, since our boys were babies. 
While I was gone Robby also did the backsplash to our kitchen. He's turned into mr handyman. I missed my kids, but it was so nice to relax and know they were in good hands, and I hope I can do it again in less than 5 years!

2 comments:

Aleena said...

What a fun vacation! I'm glad you got to go and enjoy your family! It was fun to see the picture of Becky and her little boy Max! And that is awesome that your husband put the backsplash on your kitchen while you were gone! What an awesome treat to have it all finished when you got back! Maybe you need to leave more often... :)

Alisha said...

Sounds like a nice fun trip! And no worries about missing out on us Utah friends.... we at least get to see you very soon :)

I wonder if your aunt and uncle served with my cousin Sam Elder? He just got back from Serving in Cambodia in March!