Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

What we do in Texas

So here's just a few pictures of what we've been up to the last 2 months. In May we went up to Landa Park and rented a paddle boat, which was fun, though hot and sticky. But everything is here. 
 I thought this tree was pretty cool; it's one of the oldest in the hill country, supposedly.  It's an Oak tree.
 Lily played soccer February-April.  We will try again next year; it was not her favorite thing but we stuck it out until the end! 
 We love the San Antonio Temple. This was on our 10th anniversary. I took Lily inside for the first time, which is why she's all dressed up.  She can just go inside the front part but it's really beautiful to look inside; she was impressed!
 At the end of May I went to the Chromosome 18 golf tournament and released a balloon for Emily. They release balloons at the start of the tournament for children and loved ones who have passed away. I'm always amazed at how emotional I get when I go. There was another mom there who lost her daughter close to the same time as I lost Emily and we had a good cry. 
 Last Friday we took the kids bowling. Lily had been asking to go and Robby was supposed to be going to Washington but he got bumped off his flight, so we took advantage of it and did something fun.
 This was my attempt at a picture with the kids on Mother's Day. 
 We got granite put in over Memorial Day weekend. I love it!
 A craft I did from pinterest. I'm not a crafty person, but this was fun. I still haven't figured out where to put it, though. 
 Last Friday while Robby was gone I took Lily to the Magic Theatre for the first time to see Knuffle bunny. These are her good friends who went with us. We really had a great time. 
 Last Saturday we went up to Fredricksburg and picked peaches. They are so yummy; we got 25 lbs and probably gave away around 8 lbs and ate the rest. I didn't even freeze them like I'd planned on. They are one of my favorite things here in Texas. 
 I was trying to get a family picture on my phone. All these pictures are from my phone, actually. I love that iphone; so convinent! 

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Looks like fun! I hope to make to a golf tournament one year. I'm so jealous you have peaches, they are still awful here in Utah.... something to look forward to when I come there! Excited to see you guys in a little over a month!