Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nana's Visit and Guess Who's Walking?

Mr. Lance after church. He was in the middle of going from sitting to crawling, but it just looked like the perfect pose!
Then this was the next Sunday.
The last few weeks Lance started walking, and this week I think he walked more than he crawled. Mom came May 19th and stayed until the 30th, and so she got to see him pretty much learn to walk. It was really fun to be able to have someone else to share it with! Lance has also started talking a little bit. His first word was "hello." I'll try to get a video on here, it's pretty cute. He also says mama, dada, and when mom was here he learned to say Nana! That's what Lily called mom first, though she now calls her Grandma more than Nana.
The first day Mom was here she and I drove to Houston to see our "brother from another mother" (his words from high school) Austin Gallant, graduate from dental school. It was really great to be there and see him and Amy and their kids. The next day we went to Pedernals Falls State Park. This is a picture; Texas is in a drought, so there's not much as far as falls go, but it was really pretty and we had a lot of fun.
We hiked down to where you can swim and had a lot of fun, other than when I saw a great big snake crawling across some rocks that were in the middle of the river. Lily will tell you, "Mommy cried." I didn't, but I turned around pretty dang quick!
This was actually at the zoo. I'm not sure why they were both so excited, but it made me laugh.

Lance really loved playing in the water. And so did Lily.
Mom and I took advantage of Mom being here and went away by ourselves for the first time since we've had kids seven years ago! We did go to Turkey, which was amazing, but we stayed with family. This time it was just Robby and I. We just went to Austin, but we really had fun. Saturday morning we went golfing for the first time since we'd been married! We didn't do too bad (I even shot par on one hole!). It was really hot and humid by the time we'd finished 9 holes, so we stopped then.
We also ate good food, saw the movie Thor, went bowling, and saw the bats at Congress Bridge. Everything was great except the bats. If you ever go, don't go in May.
On Sunday everyone was matching Black and White, not really on purpose, so we had to get a picture!
This was Lily's outfit to swim on Memorial Day. Mom said it's because she's trying to look like me, since I tend to wear a hat and a skirt when I go swimming. She cracks me up! Yesterday she had the book "Confessions of a Shopaholic," and when I tried to take it from her she told me, "No, it's my book club book!"
If you make it this far in reading, here's my sad news for the day. I was asked at church when I'm due, as she patted my stomach. Someone I really like and respect! It made me cry. I'm not pregnant, please don't ask!

5 comments:

Alisa said...

What? They must have misunderstood something...because I've never seen you looking pregnant, even when you ARE pregnant. Your beautiful and skinny!

Brian Adair Fam said...

So many cute pics of your family!! Isn't it so fun having grandmas and grandpas come for visits!! About the pregnant comment...I've had one of those too before i got pregnant with Bryn and it was not a very good moment. If only some people thought a little before they say things!!

Missy in Texas said...

Why ... whats wrong with the bats in May?? just wondering.
I am cracking up about someone at church asking you if you are pregnant. Too funny. You are a toothpick! I had a couple of people ask me at church if I was pregnant before. Pretty lame if you ask me. Ha! Loving checking out your blog. Looks like ya'll are having fun.

Hoenes Family said...

I think I already commented on how angered I was the someone would dare ask you, miss stick skinny if you were pregnant. Really there are some seriously crazy people in the world. Grandma didn't tell you I was preggers because not everyone on the Smedley side knew, so I told her to keep it on the DL. I guess I should let her know it isn't a secret anymore!

Tyler & Michelle said...

I love reading your blog. It always makes me smile. People who ask if you are pregnant are blind. You are in the best shape possible. ;-)