Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Consider the Lilies

Lately it seems like I have so many friends going through tough times with their children. Surgeries going wrong, or things coming up that they weren't expecting to deal with, or even death. And it just breaks my heart. One of my favorite songs has always been, since I first heard it before Emily was born, Consider the Lilies, by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. After Emily was born I heard them sing it at a Relief Society conference and cried and cried. I think the song is one of the reasons I love the name Lily. If you'd like to listen to it, it's the first link on the right. (I couldn't figure out how to put it in my post-help?)


My favorite line is "Consider the sweet, tender children, who must suffer on this Earth. The pains of all them he carried, from the day of his birth.
He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the lambs in His fold, And he will heal those who trust him, And make their hearts as gold. "


My thoughts this Easter turn toward Emily, as they have every Easter since she's been gone. And of course they turn toward my Savior. I'm so grateful for his Atoning sacrifice and the Ressurection, that I can be with Emily and my family again. This song was the song that was playing when Emily passed away, and so it's taken me awhile to be able to listen to it again. But I love the message and the peace and hope it brings.

3 comments:

Janica said...

I remember so well sitting together at that Relief Society broadcast and us both just crying and crying. I always think of Emily on Easter and how thankful I am that you guys can be together again and knowing how perfect she will be. It certainly makes Easter more meaningful. I love you!

Aleena said...

That is one of my very favorite songs too! What a sweet message it brings! I hope you were able to have a nice Easter weekend full of hope and joy at the miracle of our Savior!

Alisa said...

Beautiful :)