Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Emily's Birthday

Emily's birthday is on Wednesday. She would have been six. She was due on my birthday, July 22, and I was induced the day before. Here we are in front of our Provo basement apartment in April, 2004. I don't think I'll write the whole birth story. Other people can, I still can't. I don't like to relive it, I just like to remember that she was here! These pictures are all before things got really bad and we ended up at Primary Children's. The day after she was born.
Our first family picture.
One of the first pictures we took. Or someone took. She always kept her legs in that froggy position.

6 comments:

Jenny H said...

She's so chunky and cute!!! Deak will still curl up in the froggy position and curl his hands in. I love it, it reminds me of when he was so tiny.

Alisha said...

Beautiful pictures! Love seeing her as a baby! I'll be thinking of you. Happy Birthday Emily!

Cherise said...

Hey. I went to the Chlarson family reunion this weekend. It was fun to see/meet everyone. One of your cousins (I don't know her name, but I do know she is one of Camille's girls) I thought resembles you quite a bit. I kept staring at her, thinking maybe it was Janica. Anyway... Thanks for sharing your feelings and thoughts on Emily. It's interesting to read how you feel about having her in your life.

Tif said...

(((hugs))) Cami. I've been thinking of you this week. I love seeing your remembrance posts of Emily and seeing how you are incorporating her and her memory into the lives of her sister and brother. You have been such a strength to me, and I am so blessed to have you as one of my oldest dearest friends and as an example. Loves, Tif.

Aleena said...

Happy Birthday Emily and Happy Birthday to you Camille!

Hoenes Family said...

Your stomach was so TINY!!! Why can't I bet that way? It's just not fair! :) Those pictures are completely priceless. Thanks for posting them and Happy Birthday to sweet Emily.