Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Twins

My friend came over and took newborn pictures of Lance last week when he was one week old. I'm going to put the rest on Facebook. It was so much fun!


Here Lance is 5 days old and Lily is 3 weeks old. But we were surprised at how much they looked alike in these pictures! Robby is happy because Lily looks like him, so that means that Lance will probably look like him. Though we agree that Lily has my legs and Lance has Robby's. And Lily has my big mouth and Lance has Robby's.


My mom left today. She was such a HUGE help and we're all sad to see her go. I was very spoiled having her here for 2 full weeks. Lily keeps asking for her. Robby's parents are coming in a few weeks, which will be fun. Lance is sleeping okay. I usually can get around 2 hours of sleep by the time I'm done feeding him! He usually will go back to sleep after he eats, so that's good. And compared to being home with a baby on oxygen and a feeding tube, this is nothing! Though still tiring :-).

We've missed having Emily around-the last time I had a newborn she was here to keep me company, so it makes me sad sometimes. I'm sure she and Lance had fun together before he came here. And I think that Emily's personality will be a lot like Lily's when she can tell us everything that she wants to. She was certainly happy like Lily is!

Lance has changed a lot the past 2 weeks. As of Friday, at his 2 week check up, he was 8 lbs 9 ounces and 22 inches long! He's in the 95% for height and 75% for weight. I figure he can only go down from here, but it's a good start, right?

7 comments:

Alisha said...

You have beautiful children, and you look fantastic!!

Brian Adair Fam said...

Congrats!! Lance is absolutely perfect!! Lily and Lance do look a lot alike. It's crazy!! I hope you're feeling well and that Lance is sleeping a little better!! We are so happy for you guys!! We really need to see you guys! Take care!

The Burnah Clan said...

awww, sweet pics.

Hoenes Family said...

They do look a lot alike! I am so glad you had your mom there to help you. That is always a wonderful thing.

Jenny H said...

Cute, cute kids!!! Love the pictures. I wish I could come over and help now that your mom is gone. We need to plan a trip to TX again.

The Lichlyter's said...

He is so cute. I am so happy for you guys.

Jessica said...

So cute, it is hard not being able to see you guys as often as when we were both in Provo. Good luck getting back into your cute shorts.