Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Lily and Emily Share Christmas Dresses

So Lily grows a bit faster than Emily did (a bit of an understatement), so this year she's had several Christmas dresses that took Emily several years to fit into. This first one my mom made for Emily's 2nd Christmas, when she was 17 months old. Aren't they both cute! Lily's 16 months. So in these pictures, they're almost exactly the same age!
This was when Emily was 3 1/2 years old. The dress is size 24 months.
Lily wore this dress yesterday. When we got home from church she climbed into Emily's wheelchair, so I had to get a picture! We've kept the wheelchair so that our kids can play in it and remember Emily. Lily loves to go on rides in it!
Lily loves to try on people's glasses. I had these reading glasses, and so I gave them to her last night.

We thought that Lily would like Santa Clause. NOPE!

At the beginning of the month I went home and saw my mom and helped her get a Christmas tree. It was really cold-in the 20's the entire time we were there. Lily and Mom are going up the lane to get the mail. Lily thought it was great fun and didn't mind the cold. She's wearing Grandma's gloves in the picture.
Lily got all bundled up when we went to Seattle. She kept the hat on the entire time-I was shocked.

9 comments:

Jenny H said...

Adorable. I loved seeing that picture of Lily in Em's chair. So sweet.

Jenny said...

what great photos. i'm so glad you know anjie. she is amazing. i hope you're feeling well and that you have a wonderful christmas!

Hoenes Family said...

That is so sweet that she climbed in the wheel chair. That is great that you leave it out to remember Emily. I love both the dresses Lily is a doll.

Alisa said...

Adorable! It's neat that you can document both girls in the dresses!

em said...

Beautiful. I love the pic of Lily in the glasses. Too cute!

Suzanne Bjornn White said...

I just think your girls are so dang cute!

Beckie said...

Congrats on the Boy! We just love ours. I love Em's dresses. It is so neat that Lily can share these moments with her.

Aleena said...

Fun! I love that they both wore the same dresses! So pretty!

Amy Jo said...

Such cute pictures! I bet your mom loved having you with her for the holidays!