Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Emily's Halloweens

Okay, we were poor college students, Emily was on oxygen so we couldn't take her anywhere, and we had no costume. So I took an orange fleece that I had, we pulled the arms in and stuffed it with newspaper, put the face on it, and the paper bag on her head for the stem and took pictures. I think it's still my favorite costume. She was a great sport, and we got to take pictures of her as a pumpkin, and then get her out of there!Oh, I'm sad this is sideways. Emily had open heart surgery a few days before Halloween, so my mom made her a Love-a-lot care bear costume.

When she was 2 she was Raggedy Ann. She kind of slept through this Halloween!
When Emily was 3 she was a Mariner's cheerleader. She'd had the costume since she was a baby and could finally wear it. She went trick or treating this year.

Last year Em was a witch. She and Lily had great fun together.
This month's been kind of a tough one, because it marks the beginning of the holiday season, and is the only season that I had with my two babies. Halloween was always fun with Emily because she could participate in it-she could feel the pumpkins and see them lit up, she always did fun things and learned fun songs at school, and best of all, we got to play dress up! And she was always very cooperative. Isn't she cute!

7 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

I love all the pictures. Very cute. How creative you were with the pumpkin costume! I also love the care bear outfit your mom made her!

Alisa said...

Cute costumes! Best of luck this holiday season...it may be tough, but aren't you so glad you have the memories that you do?

Tif said...

Love those pictures, Cami.

Thanks so much for lending your ear to me today. Love ya.

Jenny H said...

I just want to kiss Em's cheeks, and can't wait until I can. Thank you for brightening my morning.

cornter said...

Wow. thanks for sharing, we will have to make this season memorable and special and all of us remember Emily more. I love the impromtu costume- she was a great sport! Thanks for the temple yesterday, I really appreciate it! You are the best!

Alisha said...

So adorable! You are such a good mom! I can't wait to see what Lilly is going to be this year!

Tyler & Michelle said...

What cute Halloween costumes Emily had! And Lilly can maybe where some of them.

Holidays are always hard it seems like. I hate when they are over.