Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Lily's Tricks


This month is kind of a tough one. On the 20th it will be 6 months from when Emily died, and the 21st is Emily's 5th birthday. She was due on my birthday, but I was induced the day before. We've thought of some things that we'll do for Em's birthday-I want to make it a day of doing things that Emily liked to do. I went and visited her teacher today, who taught her for 2 years, and when I told her some of the things we thought of, like eating scrambled eggs and salsa (breakfast tacos) and she said, "Well, you have to roll!" I just laughed, because she's right-that was what Emily loved to do more than anything else-roll back and forth and back and forth as fast as she could. So I think we'll have to show Lily how much fun rolling is on Emily's birthday. Too bad we don't live by a nice, grassy hill like they have in Washington!


Lily's been doing great, though today she only took one 1 hour nap-what's up with that? She pulls herself up on everything and has just started to figure out how to walk along things the last few days. Some of her favorite places in the house are the bathrooms-she loves to pull herself up and look into the bathtub, and Emily's bed. I change her on it, and as soon as she can get away from me she pulls herself up along the windowsill and walks down to the foot of the bed.

Lily loves to stick her tongue out. She's heading over to the books to pull them all out.

Lily crawls under anything she can. This is one of her favorite spots to crawl under and then pull herself up on.

If you click on this picture to enlarge it, you can really see her two bottom (and only) teeth.


This is another new Lily trick-carrying things around in her mouth. It's pretty funny to watch.

Here's the smile!

Lily loves to bang on Robby's drums. She also drums on EVERYTHING she pulls herself up on.

7 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

She is adorable. What a great smile. Her and Brooke seem to be doing very similar things. I bet they'd be good friends. I hope things go good for you this month. Sounds like you are making the best of it. Good for you.

Sandra Dubreuil said...

That photo of Lily is so CUTE!! What a fun little girl you have! And I wish you all the best on Emily's day. I bet Lily will love learning how much Emily loved to roll:)

Jenny H said...

OH MY GOSH!! What a beauty Lily is...
I think your idea of honoring Em by doing things she loves is wonderful. We'll roll down a few hills for her as well that day:)

Jessica Wille said...

We'll be rolling around for Emily on the 21st also:)

Aleena said...

That is sooooo cute! I love Lily on the drums! I watched the video with Lea and Jonah and they loved it too. I'm glad Lily's smile is so contagious. It will help you through the hard times.

Beckie said...

She is so sweet. I love how her eyes are always smiling.

Tyler & Michelle said...

Her smile can make anyone smile. Every Sunday I see her (and you), I smile. ;-)