Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Favorite Washington Places

We had a great time in Oregon and in Washington. I miss the ocean so much! I just love it there. I want to retire to the Oregon coast and run a bed and breakfast. This is at Cape Perpetua, Oregon, where Robby and I went on our honeymoon. This is the day before the race.
Janica and I getting dropped off for the start of the marathon.

My happy dance, I guess. I was a little hyper. This was about 2 miles into the race.

Coming across the finish line.
Janica and I at the finish.

Robby and Lily cheered us on.
Janica's little girl and Lily. You'd think having twin sisters as mom's, the girls would look more alike!
My first night at home we went and had a salmon cookout at Birch Bay State Park. It was Copper River Sockeye, which is so, so yummy. This is my mom, dad, and Lily at the beach.

Aunt Sarah and Lily at the beach. I have a lot more pictures on Facebook. Way too many to put on the blog!
I grew up seeing these sunsets. I really, really miss it. This is just 10 minutes from my house.

For my dad's birthday we drove up to Nooksack Falls. It's always a humbling sight. The snow is melting quite a bit up top, so the river was really full of water.

Mount Shuksan from Mt. Baker Ski are. This is looking toward the beginner runs. This is where I grew up skiing every weekend.

This is The Chute. I grew up skiing this run. I also slid down it once, from the top to the bottom. It's right underneath the chair lift, so it's kind of embarrassing when you fall, because everyone can see you!
Sitting on Chair 1. The Chute is behind us.

We went over to San Juan Island, and got to ride the ferry. This is Mt. Baker behind us.

Lily loved playing with Grandma and Grandpa. More than she liked me!

This is in my backyard, at the waterfall that my brother Steve built. Dad and Lily would go out and sit by it. She loved it. Being home was great, although it really made me miss Emily. I used to go home with Emily during the summer and let her roll around in the nice soft grass (Texas grass is not soft) and take her too all the places that I took Lily.
It's now over 100 degrees here in Texas. I really miss the beautiful Washington and Oregon weather. Lily is very busy, pulling herself up on EVERYTHING. She still won't say mama. She and I have been going swimming, trying to stay cool. Oh, at least we're going home again in 6 weeks! Last year I was pregnant all summer, so I guess I can't complain.

7 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

What a fun trip! It really is beautiful there. I am so proud of you and Janica doing the Marathon. You are great examples of living a healthy lifestyle.

Jenny H said...

Beautiful pictures! I have never been there, and they make me want to go!! You and your sister are adorable.

Aleena said...

Love the pictures! I miss you and Janica! Both your daughters are so cute! Only you and Janica could look like super models after running 26 miles! Thanks for sharing.

Beckie said...

It is so beautiful. Someday I hope to visit the upper west coast.

Laura said...

Agh, now I'm homesick! :)

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Sandra Dubreuil said...

Camille! Congratulations!! Your time was amazing!! And you look so happy while running! Maybe one day we'll be able to run together again!

Parker said...

dad's got his extra chin back i see.