Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

House hunt

We're on our way back from finding a house in hillsboro. I have to say I really enjoyed what I saw of the city. I think to some people it's big but coming from San Antonio our perspective is a bit different. And of course you have trees everywhere obscuring the city feel a bit. It was really fun to get a bit of the fall feel seeing all the leaves change. We ended up going with the house we really liked online and almost had Janica go up and see for us. It could get a bit tricky come May when they may put the house on the market but hopefully we'll be able to find a house by then. We were able to meet Janica and kacey for dinner; I'm so excited to be so close. I was getting sad yesterday thinking no one would be around to help me remember Emily's Angel Day and then I remembered that she would be here and felt better.
Yesterday we went out to the Oregon coast, after Robby had watched most of the BYU football game. It was very wet and windy but fun to see where we went on our honeymoon. We ate at a good pizza place that we'd eaten at right when we'd got to cannon beach on our honeymoon. Today we went to church in a ward with tons of young families; it's not our ward but there are apparently tons of members in the area, which will be nice I think.
We have great friends who have been watching the kids; I'm excited to see them tonight. When I told lily we found a house her first question was does it have stairs? She was very excited it does.
Overall it was a good trip and has made me excited to get to know the area, though it really will rain a lot! And that will take a bit of getting used to again.

2 comments:

Aleena said...

What a pretty house! I'm so happy for you and Janica!

Becky said...

Even if you don't have hundreds of readers, this is such a great way to document what is going on RIGHT NOW! I am so thrilled for you to be moving where you want to be! Find us a place in 2 years, okay?