Hammond Family

Moving forward, one day at a time.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Tortoise and the Hare

We had a really good time for Halloween this year. It was the first year we've had a child able to really participate and understand what's going on, and it was really fun. Lily was a bit shy seeing everyone in her costumes, but had a good time. I found this turtle costume at a consignment shop back in August and thought it was too cute to pass up. Since I had this turtle costume for Lance, Robby had the brilliant idea of being the Hare, as in "The Tortoise and the Hare." I laughed and laughed when he told me of his idea. And so he made these ears out of cardboard and painted them white and put them on a headband, and then bought the sweatband and made himself a race bib. Lily and I are Snow White and the wicked queen. That is a raisin superglued onto my nose, in case you are wondering. Don't worry, it comes off with nail polish remover! My mom made Lily's dress for Christmas for dress up.

Here's the queen and Snow White.

Snow White eating her apple!


Notice the tail-a garbage bag with batting in it.

The Tortoise and the Hare.




Robby from the back.


Lily won a cupcake on the cake walk.

Robby passed out the candy and I took Lily around.


Lily was pretty good at saying "trick or treat" and Tank u! (Thank you, while signing it)

At home, all done!

4 comments:

Barlow Fam said...

Y'all look awesome! I'm sure you heard that all night long!

Tyler and Shelley said...

What a sweet little family. I was laughing my head off at Robbie!

Aleena said...

Cute costumes!

JoeKatie said...

So Cute! And you are such a brave woman to glue a raisin to your nose!